Vietnamese Teen Died After Being Electrocuted By a Frayed Phone Charger

 

Le Thi Xoan, 14-year-old Vietnamese teenager died in electrocution while sleeping next to a frayed iPhone charging cable. According to police from the Hoan Kiem district of Vietnamese capital Hanoi, a tear in the rubber casing of her iPhone charger might have revealed live wires that killed the teenager.

She was discovered unconscious by her parents and rushed to the hospital. However, doctors failed to revive her.

According to Independent, she was discovered unconscious by her parents and taken to hospital where efforts were made to save her life. However, the doctors failed to revive her and medics concluded that electrocution was the cause of death.

Doctors concluded that the teenager died on electrocution.

Investigation reports said that the broke down charger with defective cable was discovered beside the teenager’s bed aside from the iPhone 6 unit. Further reports said that there are burn marks on the victim’s bedding.

Investigators said that Xoan regularly plugged in her iPhone 6 next and slept next to the handset while it was charging.

Authorities did not confirm if the charger is an original Apple accessory or a third-party device.

According to The Sun, the 14-year-old victim was aware of the frayed cable after some tapes wrapped around the tear on the cable. Authorities still haven’t confirmed if the cable was an official Apple product having a length of .5 meters or part of a third-party device.

Several media outlets raised concerns to the California-based company about the tragedy. However, the company hasn’t released any statement regarding the incident.

On the other hand, the company of Apple and iPad are encouraging to use Apple certified accessories though it is known to be pricey and expensive.

“[iPhones] seem like innocuous devices but they can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. They should carry warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone,” said Dr. Sean Cummings.

It is better to charge your phone away from your bed and if happened that your charger has a defect or frayed, it is better not to use it. Always note to mind that third-party device or not original accessories are somehow unsafe to use.

 

Source: Independent

Comments

comments

Loading...